3PL Third-Party Logistics Frequently Asked Questions
What are the overall advantages to using Windward Transportation?
- Client’s enjoy relieving themselves of personnel and administrative hassles, standardizing delivery costs, and increasing efficiency.
- For more information about what we do, please see our page on Services.
What is a Third Party Logistics (3PL) Service?
- An outsourced service provided by a company that specializes in transporting, warehousing and scheduling of the delivery of goods owned by others.
- A 3PL provider…
- Takes physical possession of goods to be delivered
- Arranges the appropriate delivery method or mode of transportation
- Arranges schedules and handles all operational tasks associated with the delivery process
- These services may be provided on a one-time or ongoing basis.
What types of deliveries can you do?
- Windward Transportation Company provides ground transportation via any sized truck and can coordinate air freight delivery and pick-up services.
- Windward handles all types of shipments:
- TL (Truckload)
- LTL (Less-than-Truckload)
- OD (Over Dimensional)
What industries benefit from 3PL services?
- Most companies that have daily needs, or infrequent needs, for the delivery of their products can benefit from third party logistics.
What are your service areas?
- Windward services most of North America, including the entire United States, Canada, Mexico and many International destinations.
- If you are unsure if we serve a specific area, please, just call us and ask.
- We look forward to serving you!
Can Windward Transportation save my company money?
- Yes. As experts in transporting and warehousing, we operate efficiently and assume the administrative, as well as the physical roles of delivery.
- By providing a reliable service, with fixed costs and knowing how to obtain the lowest costs for delivery we routinely lower our client’s delivery costs.
Will I lose control of my delivery process?
- No. Our sharp focused tracking capabilities allow us to know exactly where your shipments are while enroute.
- In addition, your shipment is monitored from the time of pickup until delivered.
- You can rest assured, when you call Windward Transportation, your call will be answered by a live person in our office to quickly handle any question or inquiry.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.